PRESIDENT OF THE SENATE
- Carried out a holistic examination of Nigeria’s education sector to identify avenues for legislative intervention.
- Crafted several pieces of legislation to upgrade existing educational facilities or establish new ones.
- Passed an amendment to the Federal Polytechnics Act to enhance the quality of learning in those institutions.
- Passed an amendment to the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) Amendment Act.
- Facilitated the necessary appropriations of stranded international students in Russia.
GOVERNOR OF KWARA STATE
- Employed enforcement of school attendance, additional recruitment, and redistribution, especially among rural
and urban schools.
- Started an initiative called Teacher Development Needs Assessment (TDNA) under which 23,000 teachers sat for a competency test in literacy and numeracy to determine the level of retraining they needed.
- Established the Kwara State University, Malete, in 2009.