PRESIDENT OF THE 8TH SENATE
- Launched a strategic campaign, which centred around the amendment of the Public Procurement Act, to grow local industries.
- Worked with groups and companies like the Aba Manufacturers Association, Innoson Motors, and several others, to promote Nigerian-made goods to the public and other government agencies.
- Convened a policy dialogue with Business leaders to discuss policy options for tackling the economic crisis.
- Passed the Credit Bureau Service Bill and the Secured Transactions in Moveable Assets Bill which led to improvement in Nigeria’s Ease of Doing Business rating by the World Bank.
- Landmark amount of bills were passed by the 8th senate, the highest in Nigerian history.
GOVERNOR OF KWARA STATE
- Established the Ministry of Planning and Economic Development in 2009.
- Facilitated the location of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and the branches of major financial institutions in the state.
- Revitalized defunct state-owned commercial ventures.